Now that you all know about “Carmageddon”, here are some tips from the LAQPs to help you survive it:
- Keep up to date on the really bad areas on Sigalert .
- Make sure to have snacks/extra drinks in your car. Low blood sugar = crankyness!
- You should seriously consider looking into these: http://www.target.com/26-Wheel-Size-Bikes-Sports/b?ie=UTF8&node=16259321
- Make some beyond jammin traffic mixes. Burned CDs are NOT “old school.”
- Bring some paper and pens to write other drivers little notes. Examples could be: ”Hey! This really sucks, huh?!” Or “Maybe we should have listened to everyone and stayed home! LOLZ!”
- Or buy these already made signs: http://www.kaboodle.com/reviews/shtick-driving-signs
- Bring some pillows for your passengers to take a nap.
- Paint your nails! Be careful with all the fumes from the nailpolish and the car exhaust, though.
- Read some of our favorite blogs!:
Pin Up or Shut Up
Go Fug Yourself
Little One Love
- TRAVEL BOARD GAMES! http://www.boardgames.com/hanhelgam.html
- And don’t forget to read up on your favorite LA Queen Pins !
Good luck out there this weekend, fellow Los Angelenos!
Unless you have been living under a rock the last month or so, I’m sure you have heard plenty about the planned closing of the 405 THIS weekend (July 16th and 17th) in LA. Just another little reminder from the LAQPs. The 405 will be closed between the 10 and the 101. Our suggestion (ESPECIALLY if you live in the Valley like we all do) is to rent a nice little movie, grab a cheap bottle of wine, and STAY HOME because every street in this illustrious city will be chaos. And all of the tourists out there that have no idea what this means and plan on having a nice weekend in the SoCal sun… May God have mercy on your soul…
Read a little more detailed info HERE.
Or COME to Hollywood, that is. If you live in the LA area, this may affect your driving plans for this weekend. Just like when Obama was here, this could lead to some major traffic issues. Here is some of the schedule of the Royal Couples weekend and areas you should avoid:
Friday, July 8
3:40 p.m. PT: The royal couple arrives at Los Angeles International Airport
4:30 p.m. PT: They arrive at the Beverly Hilton for a reception
7:00 p.m. PT: They attend an event at the British Consul General’s home in Hancock Park
Saturday, July 9
Noon – 5 p.m. PT: Prince William plays in a polo match in Santa Barbara
6:30 p.m. – 7:30 p.m. PT: They arrive at Belasco Theatre in downtown Los Angeles for BAFTA event
Sunday, July 10
11:30 a.m. PT: Royal couple arrives in Skid Row to meet with kids at Inner City Arts
1:15 p.m. PT: They arrive at the Service Nation event at Sony Studios in Culver City
3:30 p.m. PT: They’re expected to arrive at LAX for departure
It’s that time of year again. The Hollywood Bowl is open and rearing its ugly traffic head! As most of you know, the commute to and from the Valley in front the Bowl can be a nightmare the night of a show. And the more popular the performer, the bigger the traffic mess. Unfortunately, Paul McCartney is the performer kicking off the spring season and traffic was atrocious last night (3/30) and will be tonight as well (3/31). Make sure to stay as far from Highland Avenue and in front of the Hollywood Bowl as you can. Unless, you are a crazy person that actually enjoys sitting in traffic for hours. Trust me folks, last year I got stuck in Neil Diamond traffic for THREE hours. It’s worth finding the alternate route! And to keep you from future headaches, always check out the Hollywood Bowl Calendar:
And Sigalert is a great tool for LA traffic:
Also, please note there is a “special event” taking place on Hollywood Blvd. tonight and it’s closed, so that will make traffic even worse! The 10 never looked so good…
because of the
Only in LA… *Sigh*…