By: Ashley Hammen
Ok, first things first….How many people forgot that today was Friday? This girl did! Oh Memorial Day, how you have screwed up my clock! But the good news is, nonetheless, it’s FRIDAY!
Today, in lieu of the sunny California weather, I want to talk about one of my fave summer trends! The romper.
The romper, or the “shorts” version of the onesie, is one of the summer’s most coveted items. This look can come in everything from casual to a fun-night-out on the town look.
The romper was first introduced to the world in the early 20th century and was originally something that was made for toddlers. Many stylist still argue that the look is perhaps, best suited for children, but I disagree. I believe that this look is not only mature, but that it can definitely be sexy.
The romper is a flattering style for most women and can be worn tightly, or loosely. In my option, it helps to wear them with heals or wedges, just like any short, to lengthen the legs.
However, for as many ways as the romper can be worn, there is always that one or two people who get it super wrong! Here are some helpful hints for when rockin’ the romper!
- Make sure the legs and tushie area are loose. Nothing will make the romper look worse than if it is riding your you-know-what!
- The waistline to the bust should be tailored or blousy. An all over tight romper comes of looking like a leotard and that is not the point.
- Create the mood of the romper with the shoes and accessories. They can be a dressy OR casual piece.
- Watch the length of the shorts. This clothing item will creep up a bit and no one needs to be pulling a Lindsay Lohan if you know what I mean!
- Be confident, especially if it is your first time dawning this garment. Sport your style in the way that feels most comfortable to you and most importantly, pair your romper with a sexy smile to guarantee the turning of heads.