A weekend filled with fantastic French treats and music in the park, pool parties, BBQs and innocent water gun fights are just what we needed during Carmageddon. This summer’s weekends have been giving the next a run for its money…what will next weekend hold?
Now that you all know about “Carmageddon”, here are some tips from the LAQPs to help you survive it:
- Keep up to date on the really bad areas on Sigalert .
- Make sure to have snacks/extra drinks in your car. Low blood sugar = crankyness!
- You should seriously consider looking into these: http://www.target.com/26-Wheel-Size-Bikes-Sports/b?ie=UTF8&node=16259321
- Make some beyond jammin traffic mixes. Burned CDs are NOT “old school.”
- Bring some paper and pens to write other drivers little notes. Examples could be: ”Hey! This really sucks, huh?!” Or “Maybe we should have listened to everyone and stayed home! LOLZ!”
- Or buy these already made signs: http://www.kaboodle.com/reviews/shtick-driving-signs
- Bring some pillows for your passengers to take a nap.
- Paint your nails! Be careful with all the fumes from the nailpolish and the car exhaust, though.
- Read some of our favorite blogs!:
Pin Up or Shut Up
Go Fug Yourself
Little One Love
- TRAVEL BOARD GAMES! http://www.boardgames.com/hanhelgam.html
- And don’t forget to read up on your favorite LA Queen Pins !
Good luck out there this weekend, fellow Los Angelenos!
Unless you have been living under a rock the last month or so, I’m sure you have heard plenty about the planned closing of the 405 THIS weekend (July 16th and 17th) in LA. Just another little reminder from the LAQPs. The 405 will be closed between the 10 and the 101. Our suggestion (ESPECIALLY if you live in the Valley like we all do) is to rent a nice little movie, grab a cheap bottle of wine, and STAY HOME because every street in this illustrious city will be chaos. And all of the tourists out there that have no idea what this means and plan on having a nice weekend in the SoCal sun… May God have mercy on your soul…
Read a little more detailed info HERE.